What are our priorities for 2017/18…..
- Better meet the needs of children and young people with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs including reviewing current Primary and Secondary Behaviour support provision, staff training, improved partnership working between schools, SEN, Integration and ISL, piloting Fagus, STEPS training, School of Hard Knocks and a primary Sports/Behaviour pilot.
- Better meet the needs of children with Autism and their families including continuing the successful AET Standards project, work in partnership with ISL to deliver AET training, developing network meetings for staff working with pupils in receipt of ENF, continuing to commission Amwell View to deliver a Family Support Service.
- Support schools with the completion of the School Quality Offer Self Evaluation and analyse the data provided by all schools to plan further appropriate training and support.
- Further develop the role of the Amwell View Outreach Team (Schools and Families) to ensure a joined up approach between schools, families and other professional services.
- Develop effective partnership with HRC to ensure smooth transition for young people between school and college and then onto higher education or employment.
- Build on the effective partnership working with schools through the annual conference, termly briefings and network groups for staff working with pupils with more complex/exceptional needs.
For more details, please read our full Strategic Development Plan.